Who We Are
The Brinson Foundation is a privately funded philanthropic organization that provides an opportunity to focus our family’s common interests in encouraging personal initiative, advancing individual freedoms & liberties and positively contributing to society in the areas of education and scientific research.
We envision a society that cares for all of its members and endeavors to enhance individual self-worth and dignity. We also envision a world where every individual is a valued and productive member of society, where all people are committed to improving their lives and the quality of their environments.
- There are no higher values than integrity, truth and honesty.
- Strong, collegial and collaborative relationships with grantees are central to effective philanthropy.
- Individuals, families and communities are best positioned to define and solve their own problems.
- Sustainable, long-term solutions to societal problems require comprehensive and multi-disciplined approaches.
- Programs that rely on the incentives of the free enterprise system provide significant potential for long-term success and sustainability and have many advantages over government programs.
- Initiatives that pursue preventative measures rather than the treatment of existing symptoms offer greater opportunities for long-term impact.
- Education is essential to the human mind and spirit and provides the basis for people to reach their full potential.
- Advances in science and technology can be harnessed to materially improve the human condition.
- Successful programs need to be communicated to broader audiences to maximize the potential impact on society.
Board of Directors
Gary P. Brinson, CFA
Suzann A. Brinson
Monique B. Demery
Thomas R. Demery
Tally S. Melone
Christy Uchida | President
Jamie B. Bender | Senior Program Officer
Janice Lombardo | Program Officer
Harriett Edmonds | Grants Manager